The Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA) and Foga Daley, Attorneys-at-Law, present an inaugural Caribbean Advertising and Marketing Law Seminar under the theme:
"21st Century Legal Challenges for Advertising & Marketing in the Caribbean: The Impact of IP Rights, Social Media & Privacy"
March 1, 2018 - 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Jamaica Pegasus Hotel - Kingston, Jamaica
Social Media and the internet are increasingly creating unprecedented challenges to businesses in advertising and marketing. A single advertisement in traditional media can give rise to several legal conflicts over trademarks, data protection, copyright clearance and consumer protection, more so a marketing campaign involving digital media.
Advertising laws and regulations throughout the world have to adapt to keep pace with the innovative ways in which businesses engage with consumers in the digital space. Business managers, marketing and communication professionals and legal advisers, among others, must be equipped to navigate the minefield of potential pitfalls.
Local, regional and international experts will explore the revolutionary impact of social media and the internet on laws and regulations in the Caribbean as they affect the advertising industry.
- The Most Honourable P.J. Patterson, ON, OCC, PC, QC, former Prime Minister of Jamaica
Presenters will include:
- Mr. Jeffrey A. Greenbaum Global Chairman | Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance (GALA) | Managing Partner | Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz PC | New York, USA
- Mr. Arnold JJ Foote President |Caribbean Advertising Federation
- Mr. Cordel Green Executive Director | Broadcasting Commission
- Mr. David Miller Executive Director | Fair Trading Commission
- Mrs. Dianne Daley McClure Intellectual Property Partner | Foga Daley | Attorneys-at-Law
- Ms. Sheena Stubbs Senior Legal Officer | RJR Gleaner Communications Group
- Ms. Wahkeen Murray Chief Technical Director, ICT|Ministry of Science Energy & Technology|Jamaica
- The Use of Influencers and other Do’s & Don’ts in Social Media
- Broadcasting and the Online Environment
- Trademark Use, Comparative Advertising
- Copyright Clearance, Talent Contracts
- Data Protection & Privacy issues
- Marketing and Communication Professionals
- Advertising Agencies
- Industry Regulators
- Broadcasters & Media Managers
- Entertainment/Talent Managers
- Copyright Administrators
- Large and Small Business Owners
Registration Opens: Wednesday, January 24, 2018
EMAIL: INFO@FOGADALEY.COM or CALL: 876 927 4375 for further information