In addition to being a sponsor of the ANA Advertising Law & Public Policy Conference in Washington, DC on March 15-16, 2018, GALA members will be speaking throughout the conference.
The GALA panel on Global Advertising will be on Thursday, March 15th and will be moderated by GALA's Chairman Jeffrey A. Greenbaum. The panelists will include Jan Ravelingien (Belgium), Justina Zhang (China), Carlos Alberto Arroyo del Rio (Ecuador), & Fiona Robertson (UAE)
Other GALA speakers at the event will include:
- Ronald Urbach (USA - D & G), Rick Kurnit (USA - FK), Felix Hofer (Emeritus Member), & Stuart Ingis (USA - Venable) will kick off the conference on a panel "Opening Salvos" & close the conference with the same group on a panel "Back to the Beginning for the End". Both sessions will be moderated by GALA Global Chairman Emeritus Douglas J. Wood (Emeritus Member).
- Amy Mudge (USA - V) & Jenny Pienaar (South Africa) who will participate in a panel on "Depictions of Women in Advertising After #METOO "
- Joseph Lewczak (USA - D & G) who will moderate a panel "Brands in Crisis: Effectively Managing Legal & Reputation Risk When Something Goes Wrong"
In addition to these GALA members there will be sessions led by other members of GALA firms:
- Candice Kersh, Frankfurt Kurnit (USA) will participate in a session "Inspiration vs. Infringement: Avoiding Liability in a Social Media World"
- Stuart Ingis, Venable (USA) will moderate a panel "Creating a Better Consumer Online Ad Experience"