Erich Bachmann is the firm's Managing Partner and works in the Corporate and Commercial team at Hesketh Henry which includes the firm’s Advertising, Marketing and Trade Promotions team. His principal areas of practice are corporate and commercial law, particularly in mergers and acquisitions and foreign investment.
His experience also includes more than 25 years of drafting and reviewing business contracts both on a standalone basis or in the context of extensive legal due diligence investigations on behalf of local and international clients.
He also has a special interest in advertising and marketing law. He has advised a variety of international clients through the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance where the firm is the New Zealand member and Erich is the current President of the Asia Pacific region.
Areas in which he and his team provides advice include:
· Advertising materials and campaigns;
· Drafting and reviewing promotion terms and conditions;
· Regulatory compliance;
· Trade promotion activities including lotteries, sweepstakes, games of chance or skill;
· Drafting, negotiating and reviewing sponsorship, promotional event and talent agreements;
· Privacy and anti-spam legislation;
· Intellectual property;
· Complaints and other proceedings in relation to the Advertising Standards Authority or the New Zealand Commerce Commission.
Examples of recent work include multi-media promotions by an automobile insurance provider and advising well known multinationals on New Zealand legal and regulatory compliance issues in relation to terms and conditions for their international promotional campaigns.
Erich is the President of the New Zealand German Business Association, the officially recognised representative in New Zealand of the German Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the Federal Ministry of Economics.
He is also the Honorary Consul of the Federal Republic of Germany in Auckland and is the chairman of the board of The Lawlink Group Limited, an organisation of 17 independent law firms throughout New Zealand.
Erich is fluent in German and Spanish.
Level 14, PwC Tower, 188 Quay Street